- Identifying Anonymous Bloggers
How to Identify Anonymous Bloggers
We have an 80%-90% Success Rate for Positively Identifying Anonymous Blog Posters
The US First Amendment makes it very clear that anonymous criticism and civil dissent are privileged (protected) forms of free speech. Notwithstanding, it is not absolute. If an anonymous blog author publishes statements of fact that are deceptive by error (without malice) or maliciously deceptive, the veil of anonymity can be traced, lifted and the perpetrator exposed.
Rexxfield’s cyber tracing team of investigators and partner attorneys have a demonstrated track record of tracing and positively identifying anonymous blog and forum posters of malicious Internet libel. We can help you identify your antagonists, often without court action. Contact us for free consultation…..
The suggestion of cart blanche and absolute protection of all anonymous speech under the guise of “net neutrality”, justified, malicious or otherwise is absurd. It is reasonably presumed that proponents of such notions have never experienced the financial and emotional debilitation of these vicious assaults. The recent advent of anonymous online character defamation mediums compounds the victims’ carnage exponentially — brought about by the enduring nature of the postings, instant availability through search engines and the viral republication thereof.
Notwithstanding the cowardly minority above and given the compelling First Amendment interest at stake when an anonymous blogger’s anonymity is threatened by a subpoena, the Constitution demands a stringent standard. Advocates suggest that, at a minimum, the determination whether the court will permit discovery of confidential identifying information from a third-party comprises the following elements:
- The plaintiff must first establish a significant likelihood of success on the merits of his/her defamation claim.
- The plaintiff must establish that the balance of hardship tips in the plaintiff’s favor; and
- The plaintiff must establish that the subpoena is the least intrusive alternative available.
These factors, while mindful of the right to recover for legitimate defamation claims, ensure that a plaintiff will not be able to compel an ISP to disclose confidential identifying information when disclosure is neither necessary nor fair to a defendant who has not committed anonymous online defamation of character.
In a Nutshell:
Rexxfield provides proactive damage mitigation, and retroactive damage remediation solutions. This is achieved by identifying the anonymous antagonists in a stealthy manner, once identified the victim/client can make better informed decisions, based on the subject’s known behavior patterns, as to the best way to move forward, both tactically and strategically.
- WHAT ABOUT ANONYMOUS?
- We've been asked what we think of Anonymous; we a staunch supporter of legitimate whistle blowing in this "info-war" generation. If less than 1% of the population wields power over the rest of us, then they must be held to account through transparency; this can only be done by critical thinking, truth and information. As such, we believe those members of Anonymous who share this view and do not abuse their gifts are heros. As such we have no quarrel with them.
- LISTEN TO OUR INTERVIEWS
- This 18 Minute audio will help you understand what can be done to reclaim your reputation and life. With a brief account by a customer.
- Watch our other Interviews